2.5% Minimum Rate Increase – Group 3 Modern Awards
In June this year, the Fair Work Commission increased the National Minimum Wage by 2.5%, and for the same increase to be applied to the minimum wages set out in each modern award. For the majority of awards the increase took effect from 1 July 2021, for other awards the Commission deferred the operative date for the increase until 1 September 2021 and 1 November 2021.
1 July 2021
- National Minimum Wage
- All other awards (not listed below)
1 September 2021
- General Retail Industry Award 2020
1 November 2021
- Air Pilots Award 2020
- Aircraft Cabin Crew Award 2020
- Airline Operations – Ground Staff Award 2020
- Airport Employees Award 2020
- Airservices Australia Enterprise Award 2016
- Alpine Resorts Award 2020
- Amusement, Events and Recreation Award 2020
- Dry Cleaning and Laundry Industry Award 2020
- Fitness Industry Award 2020
- Hair and Beauty Industry Award 2010
- Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2020
- Live Performance Award 2020
- Mannequins and Models Award 2020
- Marine Tourism and Charter Vessels Award 2020
- Nursery Award 2020
- Racing Clubs Events Award 2020
- Racing Industry Ground Maintenance Award 2020
- Registered and Licensed Clubs Award 2020
- Restaurant Industry Award 2020
- Sporting Organisations Award 2020
- Travelling Shows Award 2020
- Wine Industry Award 2020.
Aitken Legal encourages employers to check the minimum rates of modern awards relevant to their business and where the minimum rate is being paid ensure that the increase is passed on to avoid underpayment.
It is also essential that Employers review pay rates for employees currently receiving over-Award payments, or engaged under Enterprise Agreements, to ensure that they do not underpay their employees when compared against the revised award rates, and/or continue to comply with the remuneration provisions of the Enterprise Agreement.
Contact Aitken Legal for any enquiry about the wage increase and its application to remuneration arrangements, including through Modern Awards and Enterprise Agreements.
Disclaimer: The information contained this article is general and intended as a guide only. Professional advice should be sought before applying any of the information to particular circumstances. While every reasonable care has been taken in the preparation of this update, Aitken Legal does not accept liability for any errors it may contain. Liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation.