1.75% increase on 1 February 2021 for Group 3 Modern Awards
The Full Bench of the Fair Work Commission in June 2020 made a decision to increase the National Minimum Wage by 1.75%, and for the same increase to be applied to the minimum rates in each Modern Award. The increase to Award wages were split into three groups with different operative dates:
- Group 1 – 1 July 2020;
- Group 2 – 1 November 2020; and
- Group 3 – scheduled to increase on 1 February 2021.
Group 3 Awards – 1 February 2021
- Air Pilots Award
- Aircraft Cabin Crew Award
- Airline Operations-Ground Staff Award
- Airport Employees Award
- Alpine Resorts Award
- Amusement, Events and Recreation Award
- Commercial Sales Award
- Dry Cleaning and Laundry Industry Award
- Fast Food Industry Award
- Fitness Industry Award
- General Retail Industry Award
- Hair and Beauty Industry Award
- Horse and Greyhound Training Award
- Hospitality Industry (General) Award
- Live Performance Award
- Mannequins and Models Award
- Marine Tourism and Charter Vessels Award
- Nursery Award
- Professional Diving Industry (Recreational) Award
- Racing Clubs Events Award
- Racing Industry Ground Maintenance Award
- Registered and Licensed Clubs Award
- Restaurant Industry Award
- Sporting Organisations Award
- Travelling Shows Award
- Vehicle Repair, Services and Retail Award
- Wine Industry Award
Modern Awards (Groupings and Operative Dates) can be accessed and reviewed here in the Fair Work Commission’s Summary Decision (from page 14).
Employers should ensure that where the Modern Award rate is being paid, the increase is passed on to their Award-covered employees in accordance with their Award and the applicable timeline.
It is also essential that employers review pay rates for employees currently receiving over-Award payments, to ensure that they do not underpay their employees when compared to the revised award rates.
Contact Aitken Legal for any enquiry about the wage increase and its application to remuneration arrangements, including through applicable Modern Awards.
Disclaimer: The information contained this article is general and intended as a guide only. Professional advice should be sought before applying any of the information to particular circumstances. While every reasonable care has been taken in the preparation of this update, Aitken Legal does not accept liability for any errors it may contain. Liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation.